Saturday, January 16, 2010

The First Step

I am a social creature.  I am blessed with many friends with and without children.  I naturally share whenever I find a wonderful product, a cool place to camp or fun adventure in the city.  I have friends and friends of friends contact me asking for my suggestions or opinions of things to do. You might say I am a collector.  A collector of life's experiences.  It is a natural progression that I begin by sharing it and cataloguing my collections.  No need to hoard the wonderfulness of this city and the not so wonderfulness.

Los Angeles is physically a very big city yet at times smaller than you would think.  Being a native I have, at times, had a love hate relationship with this place. Before our son was born (over 10 years ago) my partner and I were contemplating leaving Los Angeles.  We gave ourself a year to re-discover all the things we loved and hated before we made our decision.  In that year I fell back in love with Los Angeles.  The Sunday Farmer's Market in Hollywood, Boogie Boarding at the beach, snow less than 2 hours away and lastly the culture; the diverse community-I would miss it.  Now my little Angelino son Boogie Boards, takes the bus with me to Olvera Street and loves his adventures.  It's time to share.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo, I get to be your first follower! I am so glad you will be blogging. I look forward to reading more more more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda (Unwind Design)January 17, 2010 at 2:27 PM

    Bravo Kowabunga Mama!
    Can't wait to follow your exciting adventures. Even though I escaped from LA, there are people and places I do miss a lot, so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete